Sacramental Preparation - First Reconciliation and First Eucharist / Holy Communion
First Reconciliation and First Eucharist
At St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, we use the following guidelines for determining readiness for the Sacraments of First Reconciliation (Confession/Penance) and First Eucharist (Communion):
- The child must be baptized Catholic.
- The child must have completed a minimum of one year of an Elementary or Youth Ministry Religious Education program before beginning Sacramental Preparation. If your child had their first year of Religious Education at another church, we need a letter from the church stating that fact.
- The child must be currently enrolled in a Religious Education program at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church or attending a Catholic School.
- The child should show a desire and interest appropriate to his or her age. Coming to Mass weekly, praying with family and developing a relationship with God are all good indicators.
Our Sacramental Preparation process
has the following components:
- Faith Formation based on child’s grade level
- Family Retreat
- Reception of the Sacrament
Register on line here
Regular Registration: $250 per child (includes Religious Education)