Safe Environment Guidelines
Volunteers who participate with children under the age of 18 on a regular on-going basis are subject to the Diocese of Orange Safe Environment guidelines. Below are the instructions for completing all requirements for the Diocese. Paperwork must be completed and fingerprinting cleared by the Diocese BEFORE participating in any program involving children under the age of 18 anywhere in the Diocese. There are two parts: Charter Compliance Training and LIVE SCAN fingerprinting.
PART ONE: CHARTER COMPLIANCE TRAINING PROCESS
- Access CMG Diocese of Orange Training Hub – click here for complete instructions
- Complete the online training and print a certificate.
- Deliver your certificate directly to the SEAS Custodian of Record or email to Custodian
PART TWO: LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING PROCESS
- Complete “Application for the Live Scan” and return it to the SEAS Custodian of Record. Type or print as legibly as possible. Any errors on this form will prevent fingerprinting until corrected and reissued.
- Obtain 3 copies of Live Scan Form from SEAS Custodian of Record.
- Go to one of the approved fingerprinting sites on the list, bringing the following with you:
- 3 copies of LIVE SCANform
- A valid photo I.D. (driver’s license, passport)
- $ Fee (Fee will be reimbursed when you return a copy of the completed Live Scan to SEAS Custodian of Records)
- The fingerprinting technician will keep one copy of the Live Scan form and give you the other two copies. Bring one copy to the SEAS Custodian of Record. Please keep the third copy for your records.
Thank you for your time and patience with this process which further allows us to create a safe environment for the children & youth of our parish.
CUSTODIAN OF RECORD: Hector Maranesi – 949.854.1000 x229