Safe Environment Guidelines
Thank you for volunteering in one of our parish programs!
Volunteers who participate with children under the age of 18 on a regular and on-going basis are subject to the Diocese of Orange Safe Environment guidelines. Below are the instructions for completing all requirements for the Diocese. Paperwork must be completed and and fingerprinting must be cleared by the Diocese BEFORE participating in any program involving children under the age of 18 anywhere in the Diocese. There are two parts: completing Charter Compliance Training and LIVE SCAN fingerprinting.
CHARTER COMPLIANCE TRAINING
Shield the Vulnerable on-line Safe Environment Training – complete instructions
Charter Compliance Process
- Log on to www.shieldthevulnerable.org
- Complete the 1.5 hour online training and print a certificate.
- Bring a copy of your certificate to the SEAS Custodian of Record (can be placed in a sealed envelope in his/her mailbox).
LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING PROCESS
- Complete “Application for Live Scan Form” and return it to the SEAS Custodian of Record. This is NOT the fingerprinting application, but a form that provides preliminary information to us to create a LIVE SCAN form.
- Obtain 3 copies of Live Scan form, along with a list of fingerprinting sites.
- Go to one of the approved fingerprinting sites. These sites charge the appropriate fee for parish volunteers. Bring the following with you for fingerprinting:
- 3 copies of LIVE SCAN form
- A valid photo I.D. (driver’s license, passport)
- $ Fee (You will be reimbursed for this when you return a copy of the Live Scan form to SEAS)
The fingerprinting technician will keep one copy of the Live Scan form and give you the other two copies. Bring one copy to the SEAS Custodian of Record. Please keep the third copy for your records.
Thank you for your time and patience with this process which further allows us to create a safe environment for the children & youth of our parish.
CUSTODIAN OF RECORD: Hector Maranesi – 949.854.1000 x229